Make your own Plaster Mould
for Slip Casting
A whole other materiel to tame : plaster !
This workshop over two dates will give you the basic information and skills to make your own 1 part mould of two small objects that you will then be able to reproduce in large numbers by slip casting them.
PART 1 : an entire day to...
* understand the negative and positive of 3D shapes
* recognise shapes that require one-part mould or more
* prepare the box-frames for your two objects
* learn how to prepare the plaster and what tools to have at hand
* cast your two objects and finish off the mould edges
PART 2 : an evening a couple of days after the first part to ensure the moulds have had a chance to dry Here we shall...
* prepare the pouring slip
* test the moulds by casting them together
* learn from the results