Intermediate Throwing Class
Push-up your skills on the Potter's Wheel
This class is ideally suitable for hands who have already had an introduction to throwing (intermediate level).
6 hours of throwing with ceramicist and teacher Aude Van Ryn, a great occasion to refine your skills thanks to support, advice and demonstrations, and to have the time to practice throwing and throwing and throwing again all day.
Aude will encourage you to push your individual skills and confidence a little further than you expected. She shall take you where you are and push you up a notch, or two ! An opportunity to challenge yourself with larger amounts of clay or new shapes with a teacher to guide you.
Aude speaks English and French.
WHAT TO BRING :
*Please come in comfortable clothes and shoes that can get dirty.
*An old kitchen towel to wipe your hands
*a dish to share for a lunch break at around 1pm ("auberge espagnol/pot-luck")
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
* All tools will be provided at the studio
* Unlimited Grey clay (or clay of another colour if available in our recycled clays)
* At the end of the class, you can choose 10 pieces to fire.
* As it is not possible to trim the work the same day, you will be encouraged to clean your work as much as possible on the wheels. You can then decide to have our team simply and neatly finish them-off for you, or , if you are a member and already know how to trim, we can keep them for maximum one month for you to be able to trim them yourself when leather-hard during your members sessions.
To glaze your work once bisque fired, there are 3 options :
*Option 1 - If you have already had a glazing intro in our studio, you can glaze your work during your member sessions with a membership or a one-off member session..
*Option 2 - If you have not yet learnt to glaze in our workshop, you can do so by signing-up to our once a month glazing classes and glaze your bisque-fired works then
*Option 3 - We can glaze your work for you in a glossy transparent glaze to bring out the natural colour of the clay (no extra costs)
* We need a minimum of 4 people for the class to take place. If we cannot reach this number the class may need to be rescheduled or cancelled. You will be notified and proposed another date or a refund.
*Please read our cancelation policy below.
Push-up your skills on the potter's wheel *For Intermediate Level*
2 Tuesday evening classes on the Potter's Wheel *with Aude Van Ryn*